Monday, June 4, 2012

Global Issues in Environmental Health


                                                                 Cathedral of Rio de Janerio


                                                                Christ the Redeemer
                                                                     Carnival in Rio de Janeiro

  

About Rio de Janeiro
Brazil is rich in natural beauty and culture as well as possessing an interesting history. Rio de Janeiro is the most visited city in the southern hemisphere and is known for its natural settings, carnival celebrations, samba, Bossa Nova, balneario beaches. Some of the most famous landmarks in addition to the beaches include the giant statue of Christ the Redeemer ('Cristo Redentor') atop Corcovado Mountain. I chose Rio de Janeiro, because I have always been interested in attending the world famous carnival celebration. I am aware that the carnival takes place all over Brazil, but Rio de Janeiro definitely takes the cake! From my understanding the celebration has religious significance to Christians and Roman Catholics as well as roots in African-Brazilian culture. When I travel, I like to incorporate fun along with learning so that I may get the most out of my travel experience. I think this would be a great experience for many people.



Difficulties with Google Earth
I am new to blogging and Google Earth so naturally I had difficulty with the process. I found the tutorials to be informative and help witht the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment